Mentoring Scheme Producer (Two Days Per Week)
To start September 2018
Women in Film & TV UK are recruiting a Mentoring Scheme Producer to project manage our prestigious and globally renowned Mentoring Scheme for mid-career women working in film/TV.
Now entering its ninth year, the scheme has helped 160 women working in creative, craft, technical and business roles reinvent, reignite or rejuvenate their careers. The scheme helps women identify and overcome their career blockers through a comprehensive programme of mentoring, peer support and mentee seminars. Past mentees have gone on to win promotions, set up their own businesses, secure commissions and step up to bigger roles on higher budget productions. You can read more about the scheme here.
The annual scheme runs for six months from February-July, with mentee and mentor recruitment and matching for the next scheme taking place from September to January.
The job is part-time and flexible, equivalent to two days per week, and involves some evenings. The Mentoring Scheme Producer works closely with, and reports to, the Chief Executive of WFTV.
The Mentoring Scheme Producer is responsible for project managing the scheme throughout, including:
- Recruitment and selection of 20 mentees per scheme
- Recruitment and matching of 20 experienced industry mentors
- Scheduling workshops and hiring venues
- Delivery of a mentor induction
- Delivery of a mentee induction
- Overseeing the scheme, providing ongoing support to mentors and mentees
- Co-ordinate supplementary training e.g. CV workshops
- Liaise outside organisations e.g. universities/festivals seeking speakers/panellists and put forward suitable mentees
- Monitoring progress of mentees during and after the scheme
- Managing the budget
- Liaising with WFTV Head of Communications regarding publicity for the scheme and promoting the achievements of mentees past and present
- Writing annual report for sponsors
- Annual presentation to the WFTV Board
Required Experience and Personal Qualities
– Strong track record of working in film/TV and an understanding of issues faced by mid-career women
– Project management skills – including budgeting, scheduling and relationship management
– Leadership skills with the ability to inspire others and bring out the best in people
– Excellent interpersonal skills – written, verbal and presentation
– Interview skills – to help select people who will most benefit from the scheme
– Admin skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
– Social networking skills – WhatsApp, LinkedIn,Twitter etc
– Strong research skills to identify appropriate potential mentors
– Ability to build relationships with senior industry people and facilitate the growth of long-lasting peer support networks
– Able to work without supervision and manage own workload
– Ability to innovate and adapt the scheme to an ever changing industry landscape
– Diplomacy, tact and confidential handling of personal data
– Experience of running a mentoring or career development scheme
– Extensive contacts book
– Mentoring, Coaching or Mental Health First Aid qualifications
– GDPR training
– Lived experience of career change
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, explaining why you are suitable for this role and what you think you can bring to it. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
If you have any questions during the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the WFTV office on 020 7287 1400.
The deadline for applications is: Noon, Monday 6 August.
The post Job Opportunity: Mentoring Scheme Producer (Two Days Per Week) appeared first on Women in Film & TV.